SELF-SOVEREIGN IDENTITY INCUBATOR
Give your self-sovereign identity solution a jump-start with our dedicated 12-week startup incubator. The next cohort begins Spring 2020. Accepted companies will receive $180,000 in funding to take their solutions to market.
Thank you for your interest in applying to the SSI Incubator.
The deadline to be considered for our Fall 2019 cohort has passed, but we are continuing to review applications for our Spring 2020 cohort.
Please feel free to request an application using the webform beside.
Request an Application
The SSI Incubator is currently accepting applications from startups for the March 2020 funding cycle.
Giving self-sovereign identity startups a jump-start! Providing interoperable tech resources & education from the Sovrin Foundation & funding from Hard
Building the Future of SSI from the Ground Up
- Build out a proof of concept with the world’s leading open source SSI technologists
- Tangible takeaways: POC, product demo, pitch deck, community connections
- Rapid prototyping on SSI technology, along with help from experts in the open-source code base community
- Custom incubator curriculum covering all aspect of your business
- Exclusive access to Sovrin Foundation executive leadership and their networks for mentorship and advice
- Introductions to leadership and developers across the SSI vendor landscape
- Funding to grow your business while working in San Francisco’s most premier office location
- Business development guidance, including marketing and financial planning support
- Join a global community of SSI leading companies
Meet the #SSII2019 Cohort
Digital passports for landlords and tenants that would create a fairer rental market.
Spaceman ID Inc
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Tools for companies to easily implement private, secure, and portable digital credentials.
An Intelligent Healthcare Platform that would eliminate medical prescription and insurance claim fraud with real-time digital verification.
Los Angeles, California, United States
Blockchain Powered Phone System for Trusted, Effortless Communication
A network where people and institutions can exchange trusted information based on blockchain technology.
What We Do
SSI Incubator brings together the most promising SSI early-stage companies in what will be the most exciting SSI collaboration in the world.
We’ll happily consider startups with nothing more than an idea. And we’ll consider companies that already have significant revenue from POC’s, pilots, or commercial SSI products and services.
As long as the startup is committed to innovating with SSI, we’ll consider companies solving problems from all industries, ranging from network enhancements to consumer or enterprise facing projects and everything in between. Our goal is to promote a diverse and interoperable SSI ecosystem.
SSI Incubator Partners
Frequently Asked Questions
Are only SF-based companies eligible to apply to SSI Incubator?
Do I have to implement SSI technology to apply?
That being said, if you feel your company may not fit the mold exactly but you can articulate a connection to our mission of creating an interoperable identity ecosystem, feel free to apply and make your case.
Do I have to own a company to apply?
Do I need to live in San Francisco for the duration of the incubator?
Does the program offer housing?
Does the program offer investment?
- Your being selected by the Application Review Committee to participate in the incubator
- Your accepting the Application Review Committee’s invitation to participate
- Your agreement to participate in the incubator’s program for the duration of the 12 weeks
The program’s cost is $30,000, which covers overhead, content, and staff – everything that participants will need to get the most out of their time in the incubator. Many successful incubators are structured this way. So the gross investment of $180,000 less $30,000 equals a net investment of $150,000 for startups to use to develop prototypes, hire employees, travel, or otherwise grow their businesses.